In Honkai: Star Rail, you can easily change the language of voice acting and text. This guide will help you do that.
Honkai: Star Rail is the fourth installment in the space fantasy series from HoYoverse. Thanks to exciting quests, nice graphics and memorable characters, the new project quickly won the hearts of many gamers around the world.
Since the Honkai series is very popular among players from different countries, the developers have localized Honkai: Star Rail into several languages. In this article, we will tell you how to change the language of the voice acting and text.
How to select language before launching Honkai Star Rail game
After you enter your details in the launcher and open the game, you will see a window with the "Start Game" button in the center. To the right of it are five icons; the third icon is responsible for choosing the language. Click on it to open the language selection menu. In this section, you will see two lines - the first is responsible for the language of the text, and the second is for the language of the voice acting. Select the desired option from the list, after which you can start the game.
How to change the language during the game in Honkai: Star Rail
- Even after starting the game, you will have the opportunity to change the language of voice acting and text. To do this, do the following:
- Pause the game by pressing the Esc button (in the PC version) or the smartphone icon (in the mobile version).
- Click on the gear icon to enter the settings menu.
- Go to the third section of the settings - "Language settings".
- Click on the downward pointing arrows to open the drop down menu with the list of available languages. In the first line, you can select the language of the text, and in the second - the language of the voice acting.
- After selecting the desired language, close the menu and return to the game.
Available text and subtitle languages in Honkai: Star Rail
At the moment, Honkai: Star Rail has text localization into several languages. In addition to obvious options like English, this list includes about a dozen more languages. All of them are presented below:
- Chinese (traditional);
- Chinese (simplified);
Text and subtitles in these languages are built into Honkai: Star Rail by default. Changing the language happens instantly, so you don't have to restart the game.
Available voice languages in Honkai: Star Rail
Unfortunately, there are far fewer voice languages in Honkai: Star Rail. There are currently only four languages available:
It is important to note that each voice pack must be downloaded separately, and after changing the language, you will have to restart the game for this change to take effect. Keep in mind that you can remove any voice pack and re-download it from a separate menu in settings called "Manage voice packs".